Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

Welcome to the new Community Forums!

Existing Users: As an additional security precaution measure, please reset your password and login with your new password given to you via your email.

New Users: You are required to link with either your Facebook, Twitter, Google or OpenID account to register.

If you have any other issues, please send the administrator an email at support [ a t ] arrastheme.com
(Solved) DROPDOWN menu Problems IE (Not visible)
  • Firefox shows drop down menu fine. But I went to site using IE and the drop down is hidden.

Like it drops behind an invisible layer. Can this be fixed?

My site where the problem is
    http://racing4glory.com/fantasy-racing/
    this only happens in IE, firefox does fine.

Thanks for any help.

Arras Theme - 1.5.0.1
    Wordpress - Version 3.0.4
  • I don't have an answer for you but I was wondering how you managed to get the extra links visible above your image?

thanks
  • In your dashboard admin section. Look for MENUS. Then you create a NEW MENU. I called mine TOP. Then you add items to it. This way you have a top and main menu.
  • Changed theme to use legacy css, but that's not what I want. Want it back to red. Legacy, however is the only one working. Fix for this?
  • No problems with internet explorer 8.

Dude if you use the internet explorer 6 or older browsers it is normal that your website got some display problems.

PS: To set a layer or something else into the foreground try to work with the CSS Line 'z-index: x' (x = 1,2,3,4).

Google for z-index...cant describe it here.
  • Firefox shows drop down menu fine. But I went to site using IE and the drop down is hidden.

Like it drops behind an invisible layer. Can this be fixed?

My site where the problem is
    http://racing4glory.com/fantasy-racing/
    this only happens in IE, firefox does fine.

Thanks for any help.

Arras Theme - 1.5.0.1
    Wordpress - Version 3.0.4

I just checked your site with my IE and they works fine. You can check mine and if you have this problem on my sight then it is something you have added to IE that is blocking it.

http://jdsportsonline.com

It is a problem though because I have heard of this happening with another person that was using IE. We striped the IE and it started working fine. However, because of this I have adding links in each menu. For example your Track Menu, I would then add a Daytona link in your Tracks page.

Hope this helps,

JD

JD Sports Online
    "Giving You a Wealth of Information to Succeed"
    http://jdsportsonline.com
  • Used

#nav-content { position: relative;
    z-index: 100001; }

in user css. Fixed it on my end. Thanks for the replies!
  • Fantastic! Fixed it for me too!

thanks!
  • I added this information to the user.css to no avail:
    #nav-content { position: relative;z-index: 100001; }

But -- I have been editing one of the main css templates and decided to add it there and it worked!
    wordpress/wp-content/themes/arras/css/styles/violet.css (or whatever template you are working with)

/* top menu */
    #top-menu { background: #46205B; border-bottom: 0px solid #390B3B; }
    #top-menu .sf-menu a { color: #FFF; }
    #top-menu .sf-menu ul li { border: 0px solid #340B36; }
    #top-menu .sf-menu a:hover, #top-menu .sf-menu li:hover, #top-menu .sf-menu li.sfHover, #top-menu .sf-menu ul li { color: #FFF; background: #46205B; }
    #top-menu .sf-menu ul a:hover, #top-menu .sf-menu ul li.sfHover, #top-menu .sf-menu ul li:hover { color: #430E45; background: #FFF; }
    #top-menu .sf-menu ul li.sfHover a.sf-with-ul { color: #430E45; }

/* main navigation */
    #nav { background: #46205B; min-width: 800px; }
    #nav .sf-menu a { color: #FFF; }
    #nav .sf-menu ul li { border: 0px solid #7e1a80; }
    #nav .sf-menu a:hover, #nav .sf-menu li:hover, #nav .sf-menu li.sfHover, #nav .sf-menu ul li { background: #BAF081; color: #46205B; }
    #nav .sf-menu ul a:hover, #nav .sf-menu ul li.sfHover, #nav .sf-menu ul li:hover { color: #46205B; background: #FF79B7; }
    #nav .sf-menu ul li.sfHover a.sf-with-ul { color: #BAF081; }

Hope this helps for anyone, like me, that couldn't get this to work! I am using stock IE with no add-ons and it is updated to the current version.

Thanks for the tip! :-D
  • In arras Child

#nav-content { position: relative; z-index: 100001; }

Work Fine !!
    Thanks