Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

Welcome to the new Community Forums!

Existing Users: As an additional security precaution measure, please reset your password and login with your new password given to you via your email.

New Users: You are required to link with either your Facebook, Twitter, Google or OpenID account to register.

If you have any other issues, please send the administrator an email at support [ a t ] arrastheme.com
Picking up the project again - I goofed
  • Hi all,

Been a while,
    About 2 years ago I had an idea to start a blog/site about my motorcycle (all dutch atm). I installed it on an old laptop (ubuntu 10 lts) with wordpress 3x. I used the arrastheme that was available then (I think 1.5) and flavored it with my own style and gfx.

Due to some changes irl I had to abandon the project. I was using a password managers then so I logged on with my normal user-account to wordpress but no luck. I tried the admin-account. No luck either.. No problem.. I tried to logon the linux. Yeah - that still works. I just have to reset the two account by "hacking" mysql. The credentials for the root and wordpress account for mysql are also in the password manager. *no luck*. No clue what happened to the credentials stored in the password manager. I did have the knowledge/time to figure out then how to setup the password mailer (no mailsetup on the linuxbox).

Site works fine but can no longer be maintained.

I think I have to re-install from scratch but...

Is it possible to "hack" wordpress with some extra code to automatically unlock my admin-account.. (I have access to the wordpress code since i still have root-rights on the laptop. I put a lot of work in it and would be very sad I all is lost..

Thanks in advance
    Sjoerd
  • Hi

1. Did you try the password reset, on the wp-admin login screen ?

2. We can get the password directly from the database if you can login to cpanel
    instructions here:
    http://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/how-to-reset-a-wordpress-password-from-phpmyadmin/

Thanks