Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

Tagged

Welcome to the new Community Forums!

Existing Users: As an additional security precaution measure, please reset your password and login with your new password given to you via your email.

New Users: You are required to link with either your Facebook, Twitter, Google or OpenID account to register.

If you have any other issues, please send the administrator an email at support [ a t ] arrastheme.com
Slideshow images different sizes?
  • Hi.

I have experienced a problem with the slideshow a couple of times now. As we know, the slideshow takes the featured image and uses it for the slide however I have noticed that every now and again one of the slideshow images is a completely different size to the other slideshow images. I have attached an image to show this. The slideshow marked 1 is a bigger size than the slideshow marked 2. As you can see, it causes for a big white area below slideshow 2 after slideshow 1 has resized to a bigger size picture. Why does it seem to do this? And how can I make the slideshow a standard size so all slideshow images remain the same size?

http://tinypic.com/r/30vnaqb/6

Thank you.
  • Hi,

I have the same issue, even after running Regenerate Thumbnails. The only solution I found was to re-size several featured images, which did the trick. I'd rather not resize a hundred images, though. Shouldn't the theme size images to the slideshow?

Bodhi
  • bodhitree... I managed to find a way.

What I did was this.

In styles.css change:

.posts-slideshow .slides img {
    display: block;
    height: auto;
    width: 100%;
    }

with this code:

.posts-slideshow .slides img {
    display: block;
    height: 350px;
    width: 100%;
    }
  • But you get squashed image than, right??
  • Is there any solution for this? What size did you resize the image too? Every size I have tried just looks warped in the slideshow.
  • This will work better:

Go to this style in file style.css
    .posts-slideshow .slides > li {
    position: relative;
    display: none;
    -webkit-backface-visibility: hidden;
    }

add this CSS:

so it become:
    .posts-slideshow .slides > li {
    position: relative;
    display: none;
    -webkit-backface-visibility: hidden;
    }

You can see it on my Nữ trang page: http://www.nutrangnu.com/
  • Thanx guys, but none of these two solutions work for me :(
    http://www.tulasdit.fr
  • Looks fine to me... You should set the height to whatever you are setting your slides to in the theme opinions. However I believe doing this might cause some issues with the theme's responsive layout and the images want scale from device to device. The other opinion is to always use an image that is the correct size instead on relying on the cropping that is used.
  • where is the source file for this slider? I Just have to inspect/save page to get it?

Margahayuland