Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

Tagged

Welcome to the new Community Forums!

Existing Users: As an additional security precaution measure, please reset your password and login with your new password given to you via your email.

New Users: You are required to link with either your Facebook, Twitter, Google or OpenID account to register.

If you have any other issues, please send the administrator an email at support [ a t ] arrastheme.com
[RESOLVED] Page 2 of Posts not showing the expected posts (offset problem ?)
  • Hoping someone can help - I've searched the forums but am unfortunately none the wiser !

I'm running v1.5.1.2 Arras on my site and have been for some time. As my site has grown, I've only just realised that going to PAGE 2 of my posts does not show all of the posts - some recent ones seem to be omitted. I can see these missing posts just fine if I select one of the category archives.

I played around with the Arras theme settings - selecting different categories & quantity of posts to display, but this didn't seem to help. I even reset all the Arras settings (using the button) and went through selecting all the options again. Here are my settings - maybe I'm doing something stupid ? -

Featured Posts #1 - not shown
    Featured Posts #2 - Posts, 1 selected category, Quick Preview, Post Count = 3 posts
    News Posts - Posts, 18 selected categories (all of them) + stickies, Node Based, News Count = 4 posts

After searching google and on here, I've seen mention of the OFFSET - an Arras feature designed I think to prevent posts from page 1 appearing again on page 2 - but I can't find a way to edit this feature, or disable it completely. I'm not so bothered about posts from page 1 also appearing on page 2 - I would much prefer this than them not appearing at all ! :)

Hoping someone can help, or point me in the right direction.

Thanks. :)
  • Sorry to have to bump my own thread, but can anyone offer a line of advice please ? :)
  • OK - I was reading way too much into this, and the 'fix' was actually very simple ! For the record, here's the solution -

Arras Options - Home - News Count = 4 posts (as required)

WP - Settings - Reading - 'Blog pages show at most' = 8 posts - this was obviously being over-ridden by the above setting, but became relevant when doing 'next page' to see 8 posts per page.

8 - 4 = 4 'missing' posts !

So setting the 'Reading' parameter to 4 fixes this - home page doesn't change, but going to page 2 now shows the expected posts.

Having only 4 posts per page for pages 2,3,4 etc is too low, so I'm now experimenting with a couple of plugins that should allow me the extra functionality to over-ride this -

Custom Posts Per Page - http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/custom-posts-per-page/
    - or -
    cbnet Different Posts Per Page - http://wordpress.org/support/plugin/cbnet-different-posts-per-page