Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

Welcome to the new Community Forums!

Existing Users: As an additional security precaution measure, please reset your password and login with your new password given to you via your email.

New Users: You are required to link with either your Facebook, Twitter, Google or OpenID account to register.

If you have any other issues, please send the administrator an email at support [ a t ] arrastheme.com
Changing Hyperlink/Navigation Hover Color
  • I made a custom logo for my site and I'm attempting to change the hyperlink and menu-navigation hover colors so that they match the logo colors. I'm not familiar with CSS at all - but I do understand how the hex color system works. (I tried the Firebug addon for Firefox and sat there scratching my head!) I don't know if this is possible and I've simply missed it in all my scrolling through the code? A point in the right direction would be wonderful!
  • Assuming you know the hex codes for the colors you want, in Appearance >Editor open the style.css file (it's the one that comes up by default). Scroll down until you find the css definitions for 'a:link, a:visited' (the link) and 'a:hover' (the link hover settings).*

Copy them both into clipboard. Open the user.css file and paste them in. Change the color values to the ones you want and save the file. This will now override the default colors. You will need to refresh your browser to see the changes.

* That is, the lines:
    a:link, a:visited {
    color: #111;
    text-decoration: none;
    }
    a:hover {
    color: #86C140;
    }