Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

Tagged

Welcome to the new Community Forums!

Existing Users: As an additional security precaution measure, please reset your password and login with your new password given to you via your email.

New Users: You are required to link with either your Facebook, Twitter, Google or OpenID account to register.

If you have any other issues, please send the administrator an email at support [ a t ] arrastheme.com
How to choose which post can appear in the "featured post#1" list?
  • Hi, i would like to activate the "Featured post" option, but i don't know how to select which post will be listed in that space. I choose to display the "page" in the featured post #1 space, but my pages have not categories and i don't know what is a sticky post or how to "build" a sticky post. Should i create category to choose which page i can display? thank you.
  • I was looking for this solution as well and I believe that I have found it.

I installed the plugin: Post Tags and Categories for Pages

This allowed me to use categories for my pages.

I then modified home.php in my child theme:

#Look for this section under featured1
    arras_featured_loop( arras_get_option('featured1_display'), apply_filters('arras_featured1_query', array(
    'list' => $featured1_cat,
    'taxonomy' => arras_get_option('featured1_tax'),
    'query' => array(
    'posts_per_page' => $featured1_count,
    'exclude' => $post_blacklist,
    'post_type' => arras_get_option('featured1_posttype')

#Change post_type to -> 'post_type' => array('page', 'post')

This will display any page or post that has the desired category on your front page.

Tested and working on dyslexiafoundation.org