Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Social Topics

How do I override filters.php?
  • I've posted about this before but gotten no response.

I want to override filters.php (specifically parts of function arras_postheader) but making a child filters.php does not work, even if I keep the same file structure (library/filters.php).

How can I override the function without changing the parent Arras theme? And yes, I've tried the guide by extatix, which only gave me errors.

Here is what I need to change: Lines 37-39
    if ( arras_get_option('post_author') ) {
    $postheader .= sprintf( __('<div class=\"entry-author\">By %s</div>', 'arras'), '<address class=\"author vcard\"><a class=\"url fn n\" href=\"' . get_author_posts_url( get_the_author_meta('ID') ) . '\" title=\"' . esc_attr(get_the_author()) . '\">' . get_the_author() . '</a></address>' );
    }

to:
    if ( arras_get_option('post_author') ) {
    if ( function_exists( 'coauthors_posts_links' )) {
    $postheader .= sprintf( __('<div class=\"entry-author\">By %s</div>', 'arras'), '<address class=\"author vcard\"><a class=\"url fn n\" href=\"' . get_author_posts_url( get_the_author_meta('ID') ) . '\" title=\"' . esc_attr(get_the_author()) . '\">' . coauthors_posts_links( null, null, null, null, false ) . '</a></address>' );
    } else {
    $postheader .= sprintf( __('<div class=\"entry-author\">By %s</div>', 'arras'), '<address class=\"author vcard\"><a class=\"url fn n\" href=\"' . get_author_posts_url( get_the_author_meta('ID') ) . '\" title=\"' . esc_attr(get_the_author()) . '\">' . get_the_author() . '</a></address>' );
    }}

Thanks!

To clarify: Directly editing Arras filters.php works, but I want to keep changes in the child theme, as you should.

See: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/integrate-template-tags-into-arras-theme?replies=7

ARRAS VERSION: 1.5.1.2
  • Can nobody help with this...?

Tried to edit the child functions.php with extatix's tutorial again. Same errors.